My Process of Reflection
At the end of each year, I take some time to reflect. I’ve followed the same process for quite a few years and it goes something like this:
Reflecting on the past
- Read through my personal journal from the past year.
- Reflect on any “moments” of significance in each of the four areas:
- Read through my written goals from the previous year and then be honest about what I hit, what I didn’t, and what caused the hits AND misses.
- Read my personal mission statement and see if anything has changed…or even gotten off track.
Why it matters
- Consider all of the great things God has done.
- Realize that many of the “worst moments ever” were but “light and momentary”.
- Be honest about what my life looks like to others.
- Be sure I am moving forward.
Looking to the future
- What’s most important to me? Does my life image it?
- What has to change?
- What needs to be a priority?
- What needs to be written down so it gets done?
- Set big goals!
Over the next few days, I will be sharing my reflections in each of the areas above. My hope is that it helps you to reflect on what 2017 looked like and sets you up for an amazing 2018!